Thursday 26 February 2015

I Read...Veronica Mars: Mr. Kiss and Tell

This book is pure guilty pleasure.  I am a die-hard Marshmallow.  I have loved the television show Veronica Mars since the very first episode.  I never missed an episode, and I have seen every episode several times since it was cancelled in 2007.  I contributed to the Kickstarter campaign to get a movie made, and I have seen that movie several times.  I was excited to read the first novel that was released after the movie, especially knowing that series creator Rob Thomas said that the events of the novel would become VM canon (important to know in case another movie is made).  As soon as the second novel was released, I knew what would be next on my "to-read" list.



If you have no interest in Veronica Mars, you likely aren't going to be interested in this book.  If you,'re not interested in easy-to-read, beach ready mysteries, you definitely won't be interested in this book.  Mr Kiss and Tell picks up where the last novel, The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line, left off.  bad-boy-turned-good-turned-bad-again, Eli Navarro, is in the midst of a trial following his run in with Celeste Kane- he has been wrongly accused of a crime, but the evidence is stacked against him.  Veronica is back in the PI business, working with her father Keith.  Her boyfriend, Logan, is back in town after being away at sea (he's in the Navy).   When a woman shows up on the side of the road, beaten, abused, within an inch of her life,  Veronica is hired to find out what really happened to her.  With a mysterious victim who has no memory of the abuse and no evidence, will Veronica be able to find the perp?  I'm sure you can guess what the answer to that question is, but the rollercoaster to get there is a fun ride.  

Food for thought... What are your guilty-pleasure books?  Your favourite beach-ready reads?  What are your thoughts on "real" literature vs. fun books?

No comments:

Post a Comment